In the spirit of “New Year Prognostications,” at KPMG, we are predicting the ten key regulatory themes that we expect will demand the attention of financial services organizations in 2016. These themes are a mix of both new and ongoing issues. The complexity of the regulatory environment and regulators’ continued focus on governance and accountability are likely to keep these issues “front and center” as the United States moves into a major election cycle.
The ten key regulatory themes include:
- Strengthening governance and culture
- Improving data quality, data aggregation, and data reporting
- Merging cybersecurity and consumer data privacy
- Accommodating the expanding scope of the consumer financial services industry
- Addressing pressures from innovators and new market entrants
- Transforming the effectiveness and sustainability of compliance
- Meeting challenges in surveillance, reporting, data, and control
- Reforming regulatory reporting
- Examining the interplay between capital and liquidity
- Managing the complexities of cross-border regulatory change.
For more details on the above themes, please take the time to read through the attached paper, Ten Key Regulatory Challenges Facing the Financial Services Industry in 2016.